4.25.2012

Morocco's Inspiration

Hello friends! If you follow my Tumblr or Instagram you know I've been in Marrakech the past 2 weeks :) I was really inspired by some things I saw around town and in the market and wanted to share...




The Marrakech airport is so beautiful...












 















So much color and rich detail. It's so awesome to think that this is half of my heritage. But as beautiful as the city is, there is also so much poverty and it's so awesome to realize that my dad came from a small town in Morocco and built this amazing company I now work for.

Anyway, let's see if any of these cool Moroccan details find there way into my upcoming footwear collections. I leave for China tomorrow to start my Spring 2013 shoes! ...always on the go!





XOX,



16 comments:

vintage process said...

Great pictures! I love it!!!

Rebecca said...

Morocco looks amazing! and I love your eye for detail.
Can I ask where you stay when you visit Morocco?

Rebecca. x

Kate Junior said...

I need to go there! I would buy wayyyy too much!

Roxanne said...

Oh you have to visit India too then.. Similar stuff.. Shopping on the streets is the best thing ever!

On a serious note, I love your blog, but I havent visited in a while, and now I found out you're a divorcee.. Hope you're feeling better and things are ok with you. I myself went through a very bad loss a couple of months ago. My fiance died in a accident, and I know how it feels to be alone even though you are surrounded by things you love and people you love.

Hope you recover from it (if you haven't yet)

Lots of love
Roxanne

http://head2heels-roxanne.blogspot.in/

wale said...

Stay inspired and Travel safe!!

garage equipment said...

Very nice fabric and styles. I love those stuffs. I think I might find those anywhere.

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

I want to join you on your trip! ^^

Elise said...

so beautiful texture !

Life's a shoe said...

these are all such gorgeous pictures!

Luna Tiger said...

What a beautiful country ! Your pictures are very inspiring !
Please, check out my blog and tell me what you think : http://selenite.weebly.com

Christian Louboutin said...

Love your blogger for a long time ,waiting for your more posts !

ROMA AGSALUD said...

Great finds! :) I especially love those fabric shots! Those prints are to die for! :)

Anonymous said...

It's been a month and no blog updates?? WTF

Ballerina shoes said...

these are all such very nice pictures!

erin rogers pickering said...

Spectacular photos! can't wait to see the influence in your upcoming designs!!

Ashtrays and Champaigne cups said...

tis is a awesome blogg! love your taste on fasion and shoes!:) please follow my blogg if u can xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Life in Heels

My Photo
I'm a shoe designer with an obsession for shoes, life and love.